We asked Carlos Parisi, host of Detroit Digest, for some of his favorite dishes he has sampled since this series began 27 episodes ago in August 2019.
The nine-minute video below features six highlights in our special installment, "Best of Detroit Digest." Some of the snippets include past co-host Kyle Sammy, who has moved to Los Angeles to seek fame. He occasionally returns to Detroit and does a show with Carlos.
These Detroit restaurants and dishes are featured:
- Scotty Simpson: 22200 Fenkell (313) 533-0950. (fish and chips)
- Motz's Burgers: 7208 W. Fort St. - (313) 843-9186 (burgers)
- BBQ Central: 12729 W. Seven Mile Rd. - (313) 397-7523 (BBQ salmon)
- Saffron De Twah: 7636 Gratiot Ave. - (586) 359-6138 (catfish sandwich)
- El Parian: 6680 Dix St. (food truck) - (313) 460-6907 (tacos, burritos, tortas)
- Mexican Town Bakery: 4300 Vernor Hwy - (313) 554-0001 (Tres Leches cake)